Friday, September 21, 2018

Broadway


The performance of Fifty Percent was by far my far by favorite performance to watch. The song was very emotional and it made you almost have sympathy for the mistress in the situation. Usually the mistress is always portrayed as the villain in tv shows and movies, but you can hear the love in the performers words ad it almost makes you feel bad for them. I think that the performance by Michael Feinstein was my favorite of all three of the renditions. He brought a different type of emotion and perspective to the song that really stood out from the other renditions. However, I did enjoy the music in the Barbra Streisand version. I think having all the instruments really added a new layer to the song. I especially like the detail that she brought to the song. She had her husband use his voice for the lovers voice on the phone and I thought that was a really awesome detail to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment