Friday, September 14, 2018

Madama Butterfly Animation

Image result for madama butterfly animation


I personally thought the Madama Butterfly animation was really good. I felt like it was very well constructed and it even helped me to understand the live action version of the Opera a lot better. However, there were some major differences between the animation and the live action version. I think the animation made it more clear the relationship dynamic that was happening throughout the Opera. I was initially confused on where the baby came from when I watched the live action version, but the sex scene in the animation version cleared up my confusion. I think the animation version made the situation seem a lot harsher than the live action version did. The man in the live action version was clearly conflicted about the decisions he was making towards the end, but the man in the animation version showed no remorse for his actions. The ending where he comes and takes the child is different from the live action version as well. In the animation he has a car full of multicultural children which makes it appears as if he has a habit of going to foreign countries to father children and then take them from their mothers. My favorite part of the entire Opera was when she took herself apart. I think that was a very moving scene where you really felt the pain she was experiencing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment